Friday, August 31, 2012

House work!

Hi Friends!
Things have been crazy busy over the past month and we have taken up ANOTHER residence - this time at Home Depot. My goodness we're there a lot, although I don't think we went yesterday which would be a first since we got into the house. I could be wrong about that though. The employees know us and are waiting for us to bring us pictures of what we've been doing to the house.

So what have we been doing? Painting. LOTS and LOTS of painting.
Thankfully we started with white walls, so it was super easy to cover.
We have almost the entire downstairs painted - I just need to paint the hallway (my job for today) and the kitchen and then the ceilings. So by almost, I mean we have like half of the walls done. Oh and we need to paint the doors too.

We've changed out all the downstairs door knobs so they look pretty & not brass.
Most of the walls are grey.
1 wall is textured that my AMAZING husband spent a LOT of hard work doing.
We've picked out the kitchen color.
I built our extra kitchen storage (it was rather difficult).
We've rearranged the living room.
We've acquired a fun brightly colored canvas painting and a really pretty mirror that goes with the safari theme in our master thanks to Katie & Jon.
We've balanced the pool (finally).
Had to get the AC fixed.
Anthony made the outlets in the master bathroom work again.
AND We've spent a lot of time at Home Depot.

But things are coming along and I can see the downstairs coming together slowly but surely.
Now to figure out what we want to do with the accent wall & locate an affordable sectional...

love until later,
S

2 comments:

  1. For the affordable sectional? Definitely Craigslist. That's where we got ours, and I LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've definitely been looking at CL and all of the local FB buy, sell, trade pages...everyday since we got the house. I guess we're just really picky! lol!

    ReplyDelete