Monday, December 17, 2012

Chistmas and a bad attitude

I'll be the first to admit that I've had a bad attitude - horrible actually. I've been sad and I've been selfish and I haven't been looking forward to Christmas and it's not fun and it's not worth it. Christmas is supposed to be all about celebrating the birth of my (and our) Lord, King, and Savior Jesus Christ. The birth of the God's son who came into this world humbly and beautifully so that He could save my soul and your soul and many others' souls years later - that God would look upon us and see us as perfect as His Son is. And yet here I've been, being upset and sad because I feel like I've had to give up things I don't want to. How merciful my God is that He would humble me in this. Humbled so I can see how selfish I've been in light of the most selfless birth ever to grace our universe. To everyone I've been mopey around and sad around and not very chatty too (though that's probably a perk), I'm so sorry for being selfish and for stealing the joy of the celebration of the most miraculous, wonderful birth ever in the history of eternity. So what if I have to put aside what I want for the benefit of others. I should be gracious and honored to have the privilege to do so.

So now, thankful for the mercy and grace God, Jesus, my family and friends have shown me - I am able to enter this week in thanksgiving. Thankful that I have the honor to celebrate the virgin birth of my King. Thankful that I have things to give up. Thankful that I have family to be with. Thankful that I have time off of work. Thankful that I have the ability to bless others. Thankful that I can be humbled. Thankful that I can be thankful. Thankful that I can learn. Thankful that God is never giving up on me, even when I do. Thankful that God would send His Son through Mary to be born a virgin birth that He would save a heart like mine that so often loses sight of the big picture. Just thankful.

Again, I'm so sorry for my bad attitude and I hope that you can learn from me that it's really not worth it to be selfish, especially when we have the Savior of our souls to celebrate. <3

Peace, love and joy to you. May you have the merriest of all Christmases celebrating our Jesus who loves you so much!

S

No comments:

Post a Comment