Thursday, March 22, 2012

(Thoughtful, thought full, thought less)Thought-something Thursday

1. Today should go down in the history books. Are you ready for it?
I, Mrs. Colello, salted chicken. I did it. I don't know what came over me - I hate the thought of adding salt to anything abuot 99% of the time - and I just did it. I went for it. There you go.
2. Referring to myself as Mrs. Colello makes me think of my mother-in-law even though I don't belive I have ever called her Mrs. Colello
3. Pocket & Hershey are officially a bunny couple.
4. Eggless cookie dough is amazing to eat raw, and pretty yummy baked as well.
5. I burned honey today & I think that's a strange statement.'
6. I came across something in the Bible today. I wish I remembered what Scripture it was - I believe it was in Proverbs, but I'm a little to tired, headachey and lazy to go the 10 feet across the room to get it. Oh snap, crackle and pop I'll go get it.....I was wrong. It's in Matthew.
Anyhoot, in church we are currently going through Galatians and it came up how we love ourselves too much and others not enough. That led to the discussion of how society tells us that we need to love ourselves more and then that somehow brought my mind to how we are constantly informed to follow our hearts. Today as I read through Matthew 15 this stuck out to me:
Matthew 15:17-20b "Do you not see that whatever goes into the mouth passes into the stomach and is expelled? But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles a person. For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander. These are what defile a person..." (ESV).

I don't know about you, but that doesn't make me want to follow my heart! It's sinful and wicked by nature - and so I am humbled once again. Through Christ, I know that he has transformed my heart and my mind. Through His perfect life and through His wrathful, tortuous crucifiction, God the Father now sees me with Christ's righteousness and I have been given the precious gift of salvation and the precious gift of the Holy Spirit to guide me through my days here until I stand and meet Jesus face to face! It is through the regeneration of my heart through Christ that I am able to do anything that may be deemed as good - but a part from Christ and His sacrifice on the cross, the only thing that my heart holds is evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander.... Thank you Jesus for a new , regnerated and transformed heart! I know I will still battle the wickedness in my flesh, but I have hope to overcome in my Savior!

1 comment: