Sunday, April 22, 2012

Fire!

So I started a fire in our living room the other night. It was thrilling. Don't worry - it wasn't intentional. Scared Pocket though. Ok, it scared me too.

See, now I've got you reading and interested, so you have to keep reading. muahahaha. Don't worry, I really DID start a fire in our living room. It was a bit ironic too as we had just bought fire extinguishers either that day or the day before. Only took one small fire while Anthony wasn't home to decide we should do that... and then a month or so after that small fire to actually buy it. But hey, I haven't build the apartment complex down yet. Woohoo! 
Now you're wondering how I did started a fire in our living room - it's really quite brilliant. And by brilliant, I mean it's really quite ridiculous how I couldn't have thought the whole series of events through and seen this was a possibility.  I was cleaning all my makeup brushes and tools and I had some eyeliner stuck in the sharpener and I couldn't get it out so I decided the most logical way to get it out was to melt it out -- not even thinking that this was not my metal sharpener. No, it was in fact plastic so any type of flame, while it would probably successfully melt the liner out of it - it would also probably melt the whole sharpener along with it... anyways. I decided to use the lighter in the same location as I had been sanitizing everything just seconds earlier... so the fumes were still in the air. I light the lighter and wooooooooosh! Fireball in the living room - caught the towel I had been using and almost my skirt. Anthony was on the couch and felt the heat from it. He thinks I moved pretty quickly, I however disagree - as we both kind of stared at it and I yell "FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!" and run to go get the fire extinguisher.... in the mean time, he put the fireball out by smothering it blanket.

And all of this got me thinking about our perspectives on things - and, mainly, how hard I am on myself. Anthony thinks that I acted very quickly and had a good plan of action to prevent it from spreading and to put it out. And all I can think of is how I just stared and yelled at it as it got larger. I should've done _________ or I shouldn't have done ________. Trust me, there are plenty of things I can put in those blanks, and most of them are probably twisted to make it seem like I am so much worse than I am. Don't get me wrong, I am the queen at failing at things and messing up, but I sometimes, by the grace of God, I do get things right. I think out of the whole experience, apart it being ridiculous that I would light anything around alcohol fumes [dumb], that it just amazes me how I am so quick to put myself down and get hard on myself and my wonderful, amazing, fantastic, loving husband is so quick to encourage me and build me up. God has truly blessed me with this marriage! Thank you Lord!!


No comments:

Post a Comment