Wednesday, May 1, 2013

You Would Have Thought Someone Had Died



I "deactivated" my Twitter and Facebook accounts the yesterday and the amount of text messages I got from people regarding that was surprising. I appreciate your concern, but I totally got a kick out of how serious everyone thought this was. Granted, I am kinda of attached to the FB so I get why this was a shock and I can understand why I was flooded with text messages like this: "No FB?? Are you ok? What's going on?", "Hey, I just saw you're not on FB, did something happen?", "Do you need to talk? Why aren't you on Facebook anymore?"

So here are the reasons I am sharing:
1) Do you know how much time I waste on that?
2) I was tired of hearing people complain about their lives.
3) Some posts just made me really sad.
4) Some posts made me think I'm not where I should be or that I'm missing out on things.


So what have I done since I deactivated my facebook account?
Well - I have...

  • Vacuumed... a lot
  • Decided I'm going to build a bay window seat
  • Decided I'm going to build an entry way table
  • Decided I'm going to make ruffly curtains for the craft room
  • Organized the office

  • Reorganized the linen closet
  • Moved and reorganized the bookshelf

  • Reorganized the craft room
  • Dishes
  • Unsubscribed to a bunch of junk e-mail (that I still seem to be getting)
  • Laundry
  • Played with the puppy
  • Cleaned the bunnies' room - although it's now no longer theirs
  • Went to Costco
  • Hung out with my in-laws 
  • Balanced the pool chemicals
  • Gardened... I GARDENED!
  • Took the puppy on walks 
  • Bathed the puppy
  • Painted the craft room


and still had time to slack off, browse Pinterest and watch way too much 7th Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment