Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Pregnancy is terrifying

I hope I'm not the only I've who thinks so.  I looked up facts on my blood disorder. If you have a blood disorder, don't do that. There's a maternal mortality rate. It's terrifying. And to add to my current "Prenatal doctor appointments are terrifying" feelings, my doctor informed us that there is still a risk for miscarriage or stillbirth, although he is optimistic about the outcome of this pregnancy due to it going so smoothly so far and my making it to 15 weeks. It's comforting to know that he is optimistic, but it was also difficult to hear there's still a risk. I did noted the percentage of the risk. My heart doesn't need to know that, you know?

However, I am extremely blessed that Good has given us our beautiful daughter and this new baby. I heard that a large amount of families that seem out surrogate mothers do so because they have Factor V Leiden and can't get pregnant. What amazing grace and mercy He has on our family!! I have been brought tears multiple times since hearing this and it is just so wonderful! No matter how terrifying I may think this season is, I am eternally thankful that God has not only protected our babies, but has also protected me. He has given us such a gift in our daughter and I cannot wait to hold our newest little one in a few months! God is so gracious to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment