Monday, August 29, 2011

Welcome to Arizona

      Hello Friends! Today is the 29th, which means that we have officially been in Arizona (I almost wrote Cali) for 3ish days nows -- and we got the internot set up so it's time for an update.
We started our journey out to AZ at 330AM on Saturday morning - we were officially in the truck and moving at 4:02 and pretty much didn't hit any traffic the whole time. It was a VERY smooth trip out to AZ and we arrived sometime around noon. Some "noteworthy" things on the drive out:
  • The 91 freeway connector was closed when we needed to get on it - luckily there were WELL marked signage off the freeway and people to follow
  • I had the priviledge of talking to the little munchkins (it was the highlight of the trip I believe).
  • I ate a cinnabon for the first time -- and finished the WHOLE thing
  • We found out that a school bus driver filling up at the Flying Jay station at the border (exit 1) drives 35 miles into CA to pick kids up and take them to school in AZ because it's the closest school to them! Craziness I tell you!
  • The exit we needed in AZ was closed and the freeway turned into 1 lane - luckily JBenz was there to give us directions.
  • I left my wallet in my car - which was 30 minutes behind us... not a big deal; but I realized I didn't have my wallet about 2 hrs into the drive and I knew it was in 1 of 2 places, the in-laws house or my car. I am very thankful it was in my car!
     
     Things have been good so far - but I'm exhausted! We were able to unpack the truck with the help of our AZ friends in about 2 hrs! We got to meet up with other CA friends who are now AZ residents and have yummy pizza for dinner with great company. On Sunday we attended church with our friends out here and really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to finding a place to serve there...but want to make sure we're all settled in before I volunteer for anything. We visited Scottsdale for a bit on Sunday then later dropped off the parents (my in-laws) at the airport and I got to drive for the first time in AZ - visibility was difficult considering the height of the sun at that time - it was a learning experience. So far as I have noticed they don't really warn you about lanes merging on surface streets - that's a bit surprising when there's a truck right next to you and you have no where to drive aahahah!. We met one of our neighbors - who is pretty entertaining and offered us his patio set - which I'm pretty excited about that :) Yay for free furniture!

      I have my face-to-face interview on Wednesday, please be praying about that and then hopefully I will start my job on 9/6 :)

     So that's all that has happened. We have a couple more bigger projects at home to do; but hopefully we'll be able to run errands tomorrow so we can get them started and done.

I hope you're all doing well,
SC

No comments:

Post a Comment