Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Healing

     Last night I received an unexpected message on facebook. An apology and acknowledgement I have been waiting for for over 4 years. While I forgave this person years ago, I couldn't help but think of how powerful God is. Last I had heard, there was a lot of denial still happening and I had come to the point where I was content with knowing that even if this person continued to deny it, I had forgiven and know that God is bigger, stronger and all-knowing. The ramifications of what happened will always be there, will always be a part of my life, and I think will always be painful to some extent - but I felt a weight lift off my shoulders hearing the apology and asking for forgiveness. It's a huge testimony to how powerful God is and how important reonciliation between brothers and sisters is. I thank God for all that has happened in my life; the good, the bad and the traumatic because He is shaping me into the woman that He has designed me to be. It's always a process, and while today will be hard because memories were dug up of things that I don't think should have taken place - it serves as a reminder of how great my God is. How powerful He is to bring me up from the lowest and bless me abundantly with a husband who loves, cares for and respects me more than anyone I have ever known, a roof over my head, a functioning car, and more grace, mercy and love than I have ever imagined was possible. I am thankful for the bad things - for they make me appreciate what I have so much more than I ever would have before.

Thank  you God for leading this person to the acknowledgement of sin, repentance, and for seeking reconciliation after 4(ish) years, thank you for giving me Anthony, who has been there for me, supported me, helped me, loved me, blessed me and even spoiled me from day 1, and thank You that through it all I can see Your blessings, Your will, You mercy and Your grace regardless of what the world may say to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment