Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Blessings

     As I was driving to work this morning,a song came on the radio and I couldn't help but agree with the song writer as the artist sang out, "if I am Your beloved help me to believe it". I think we all feel that way at some time or another. As I thought about it, I couldn't help but think that 3 years ago this month I was facing the world with no job, no money, no car and no place to live. To the world, it was absolutely hopeless, but I had and still have Christ. In that storm, He was preparing me for something better and in that storm He was calming my heart.
     Now 3 years later, I am surrounded by an abundance of blessings. When I get in a funk and am struggling with believing that I am God's beloved, as the song suggests, I am blown away when I (finally) straighten my head out and think back to where I was such a short time ago and where I am now.
     Three years ago I never would have imagined that I would have a husband, a car as nice as mine, a job and my own business, a place to call my own, and pets that have been entrusted to me to take care of. In my wildest dreams I wasn't here. In my wildest dreams, I was getting by and that was just fine because I knew that no matter what, I will always have Jesus. And now 3 years later, I am brought to my knees; I am in awe - amazed - blown away - humbled - speechless...but I guess that goes to show the God's plans for us are always infinitely greater.

So if you're struggling today, take heart my friend. Seek to dwell on the blessings that God has given you instead of dwelling on what you don't have. Chin up, smile, and cling to God. I don't know where I would be if I had been stuck dwelling on how hopeless my situation seemed. I don't believe it would be here. Trust Him. Allow God to blow your mind with His faithfulness in His timing.

1 comment:

  1. Aww. I so completely needed this today friend! Amazing and true and awesome :)

    ReplyDelete