Wednesday, September 18, 2013

No Sleeping in on my Day Off

Last night let we let the puppy sleep in our bedroom which is a special treat for him we allow on occasion (mainly because I'm feeling extra emotional or something). Charger knows that he is not allowed on the bed. I tried to get him on the bed a couple of times when he was really little so I could cuddle him, but he never liked it and always jumped off immediately. Pair that with an increase in allergies as of lately, and we decided that being in the room would be limited and the bed is definitely and completely off limits.  So what happens last night? Charger decides that the best looks mighty comfy and we get this...


WHAT are you doing puppy?!?! He has NEVER jumped onto the bed...EVER and he certainly has never STAYED on the bed. And yet, here he is making himself comfortable at the foot of the bed. Crazy pup. So we have a talk, he gets off the bed and as far as we know, he stayed off the bed the remainder of the night.

Now, it's morning and it's past 6:30AM and I haven't woken up yet!! Let's all  happy dance to that!

**Happy Dance Break**

This past week, between getting up a zillion times in the middle of the night, the baby kicking me more regularly (which is totally the cutest thing ever) and being absolutely starving in the morning sleeping past 6:30AM has been impossible. So last night, for whatever reason, the baby didn't kick me too much or sit on my bladder and my body decided that I wasn't going to be uncomfortably hungry in the morning. All of this means that I had uninterrupted sleep and had the opportunity to sleep in. 

Until one adorable puppy dog decided that I'm normally awake between 5:30 and 6:30 now so obviously at 7AM I had slept long enough. So what does he do? He jumps in bed and starts licking my face and then the baby starts dancing and kicking me non-stop. And I was really looking forward to sleeping in on my day off. Haha. Welcome to mommyhood :) At least the baby and fur babies are preparing me now and I won't suddenly sleep deprived. It's actually quite thoughtful and I know I'll appreciate the training in a few more months :).



Slightly off topic, yesterday the doctor called to see what hospital I would be delivering the baby at1! It's all happening so quickly!! We're almost half way through the pregnancy!!! Ahhh so exciting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment