Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Things I'm Learning While Pregnant

S
16 Weeks Pregnant and there's the bump!

I'm learning lots of things since I've been carrying this little precious gift. <3 It hasn't always been super easy, but it's always been worth it. So I thought I'd just do a little Preggers update with what I've learned and how I've been feeling, etc.  

What I've Learned:
  • Doctors don't know everything and they can be wrong...very wrong. 
  • Zofran is pretty much my best friend.
  • I'm thankful for modern medicine and the fact that someone was able to create Zofran.
  • I LOVE Lemonade. 
  • Milk is sometimes not ok.
  • Orange juice is not ok (since about week 14.5).
  • What is safe to eat one day is not safe to eat the next day.
  • Pregnancy makes your whole body hurt...and often.
  • I cry a lot. I mean, I cried and was overly emotional before, but this is just a whole new level. :P
  • Everyone has an opinion and most of them aren't helpful or encouraging.
  • It's ok to spend the evening laying on the couch watching episodes of 90s tv shows.
  • It's ok to admit defeat and just take a nap.
  • Sometimes all you need is a nap.
  • Sometimes all you need is food. 
  • Baby flutters is the weirdest sensation I have ever felt (as of now).
  • Baby kicks are SO cute. They are just little and precious and feel like little soft kicks.
  • Our Baby calms down (AKA I stop feeling sick) when worship music is playing.
  • Pregnancy cookies aren't very good.
  • I need more yoga pants.

How I've been feeling:
  • Weeks 1-4 : Awesome...and all I wanted was guacamole and avocados.
  • Weeks 5-13: Sick. Sick. Really sick. ALL the time. Unless I had Zofran. Then I was less sick, but still sick at the same time. And my jeans don't close.
  • Weeks 10-13: Getting my energy back and starting to feel better :)
  • Weeks 14-16: Yoga pants are amazing. I feel better. Hungry ALL the time, but no serious cravings.
  • Week 16:  [[9.15]] Baby is REALLY active around midnight. [[9.16]] It's midnight and the baby kicks have started up again. I should be sleeping but I can't because I enjoy baby kicks way too much at the moment (which means I'll be going to breakfast in the morning in yoga pants).

No comments:

Post a Comment