Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Scandalous Freedom!

     Hello! After having a conversation with PJ & our worship Pastor, our worship Pastor suggested that I read the book "A Scandalous Freedom" by Steve Brown and let me tell you, it is AMAZING! I am absolutely LOVING it and it makes me excited! Christ, in an indescribable act of love & mercy paid the ultimate price for my life! He suffered violently and horrifically on the cross so that I may be free in Him to be who God has created me to be. This freedom gives me the power to obey in ways I've never been able to obey before Him and it also allows me the freedom to choose to NOT obey without losing my eternal life. However, my heart would rather obey than disobey, though I'm still human - still flesh - I still sin & disobey, but He doesn't love me any less for it.

Free: If I don't do what God says He will still love me.
Free: God will not always be pleased with what I do. He's pleased when I obey, but because of the imputed righteousness of Christ, He won't be angry with me OR condemn me when I don't.
Free: When Christians are angry with me, God isn't.
Free: to be loved and Receive God's grace without condition.
Free: to still receive grace and answers to prayer even when I sin.
Free: God's fondness for me depends on His love and the Cross of Christ, not on my earning it.



I'm not done with the book yet, but I would definitely say it's worth the read!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This sounds great! I'm reading Captivating by Stasi Eldredge, which is sooooo good, but maybe I'll read this next!

    ReplyDelete