Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Just Call Me Martha.

My name is Martha. But not really. Actually, my name isn't very close to Martha at all. It's Sara, but I suppose since both names in the Bible they are actually closer than you'd think. Anyways, my name is Sara, but you can call me Martha.

Why can you call me Martha?

Well, really, why couldn't you? You could technically call me whatever you'd like. I just may not answer.
But go ahead, call me Martha. Why? Oh yes, I was getting to that.

Call me Martha because I've been crafty. I've been crafty and productive. But I'm sure I'm not as much of a Martha as Martha is. Except maybe I'm closer to Martha Maywho instead of Martha Stewart, though really I'm nothing like Martha Maywho. Martha Maywho is a bit of a self-serving jerk. Ok, I can be like her, but I'm generally not. She wasn't even a Maywho, she was an almost Maywho if I remember correctly. But I digress.

Call me Martha because in the past two days I have:
-Made my Sissy a home-warming gift
-Made us a little decorative thingy to go on our new entry table
-Sewed 5 curtains. Though I need 6. We're almost there. They're sunshiney. I love them.

However, I'm really not like Martha anyways.
I am not monetarily wealthy.
I have not been to jail or prison or anything of the like.
I cannot sew a straight line (but hey, my curtains have character, do yours?!)
I have been shanked by straight pins.
I need (or at least I think I need) the internet or Better Homes & Gardens magazine to inspire my decorative ideas.
I don't own a crafting company that produces crafty things under my name.
I don't have a blonde bob.
I don't even think I know bob. (hahahahaha. hey it's 130AM, what do you expect?)

No comments:

Post a Comment