Saturday, December 17, 2011

Tattoos.

Lately I have had a rather strong desire to get another tattoo. Or more than one. I have five at the moment, and will probably always have just five - but I still want more.
What are the five I have? Here they are in order of which I got them,
  1. Based off of 2 Corinthians 5:17 "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.The old has passed away; behold, the new has come"

2. In memory of my cousin, Jeffrey Michael Ogle ~ a young man who loved the Lord, was always there for me, encouraged me, and gave me the gospel and the most life changing occurrance I've eve experienced as God used it to bring me to Him.


3. John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." A reminder that no matter what, I am loved by my King.

4. My stars. The represent my family [madre, brother, sister, brother, me, brother - and at the same time, just stars - the one thing I found complete peace in for many years growing up. I remember sneaking out just to watch them. They were my safe haven, so far away, so peaceful and a sign that there was (and most definitely is) someone much bigger out there than me, that there is a Creator and He is God.



 5. Music. [[My heart/love. (and some more stars)]] It's been such a big part of my life for so long & where God placed me to serve Him and grow in Him for about 4 years.



And the other ones I want (though I won't actually get):

Right foot: Walk by Faith.
This is exactly the placement I would get. After weeks of looking for the "right" placement, this is the only one I've found that is EXACTLY what I want.


The other one apparently doesn't exist on the interwebz.
But, I would get "Jesus is Lord of all" on my right wrist - more subtley than my left wrist tat.
The only other one I want is one I  came up with when I was 19 and hold close to my heart in a way I will never be able to fully explain, but it's a beautiful concept with a beautiful story. Plum blossoms. Because they're "courageous", strong and brave. They sprout at the beginning of spring when the snow is still on the ground. They have to endure the frigid snow while they're young in order to blossom into the beautiful flowers that they are...my left side (my heart side). I decided I wanted this one while experiencing a loss in my life, one that I deal with daily.

But I suppose these are all just ideas or desires. They will not come to pass, they cannot now. But they're on my heart a lot lately, and they're beautiful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment