Friday, December 16, 2011

What the berry?

About 2 1/2 years ago, the love of my life and his family introduced me to balsamic vinegar && it...
changed. my. life.  
"Excuse me? Did I hear you right? Did you just say that balsamic vinegar changed your life?" Yessireee it did indeedy! It is difinitely a possiblility that I believe that bread and balsamic vinegar is the best meal ever. [[Have I mentioned I L O V E carbs? My body would die without them. I'm super cereal about that.]] Anways, one evening while strolling around what I [[and a few thousand other people]] like to call the Spectrum where we spot a new[ish] shop. All it has is many man many different kinds of Balsamic Vinegars and Olive Oils. Introduce my first experience with Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar.
What the Berry? Did you say Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar?
Yessiree, I definietly diid. It's amazing. It's possible that it's one of the most amazing things I've ever had. Ever. EVer. EVEr. EVER. End of story. I love it.  Since we didn't think that it was practical to spend $20 on a bottle of balsamic [[don't even get me started on the $100 bottle....another story. another time]] I had to figure out a more cost effective way to make this. I did. It's amazing. Thanks to the interwebz and some taste tweaking... I give you Strawmic Amazingness [Strawmic=strawberry + balsamic.]]


Ingredients:
1 container of strawberries
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup of balsamic (more or less depending on what you like)
cracked pepper & salt (optional).

Directions:
Wash & hull strawberries. Slice if you like, Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't - ultimately depends on what the strawmic is for. Put strawberries in a bowl, add sugar and balsamic. Stir. Cover, refrigerate for 1 hr. Add pepper and salt, to taste (totally optional). Enjoy amazingness.

I totally stumbled across a Strawberry Balsamic Buttercream recipe. I now need a reason to make cupcakes to try this out. I just started exercising again, I can't just make a whole batch of cupcakes and have them at the house... my lack of self control when it comes to sugar would not lead to good things. :)


In all seriousness, if you haven't tried Strawmic yet, you need to. Promise you will - it's deliciousness. Total and complete deliciousness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment