Monday, January 16, 2012

Growth


I love the days God reveals more and more wisdom and understanding. I love seeing how He is moving in my life, how He is growing me- to have the confirmation that He is working in my life.  To see how God has been working in my life and revealing His truths. Sometimes quickly, sometimes it's a process. To have wisdom, understanding, and discernment in things--in statements that were spoken to me over the past couple of years since coming to Christ. To have the ability and wisdom to see and know more and more the misleading and unbiblical statements that I at first believed because I was a newborn without the knowledge found in the Word,  and trusting of the people proclaiming to follow Christ without using discernment to see if their lives matched up to His Word. I love days like this, where things click and I can see how God has protected me, guided me, and grown me to be more like Christ. Seeking Truth in His Word, instead of solely trusting others without further investigation.
Scriptures tells us that we should examine the Scriptures, and check them against the teachings of others. We should accept teaching that matches up with the Scripture, and correct the teaching of those whose teaching  does not match up. 

Acts 17:10-11 "The brothers immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea, and when they arrived they went into the Jewish synagogue. 11Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so." (emphasis mine).

Isaiah 34:16 "Seek and read from the book of the Lord:..."


John 5:39 "You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me ,"

Proverbs 9:8 "Do not reprove a scoffer, or he will hate you; reprove a wise man, and he will love you."

2 Timothy 3:16-17 "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17that the man of God may be competent, equipped  for every good work." (emphasis mine)

No comments:

Post a Comment