Friday, January 6, 2012

PT!

I started Physical Therapy today to help speed the process of healing from the accident. My Physical Therapist amazed me. I think she's magical. She could just touch my back and tell me every single place I've been having back spasms - which, I would think was possible if I had actually been having back spasms at the time, but I wasn't. So the good news is that it's started, I got a nice massage (which was more painful than anything else) and got a list of a total of 2 approved exercises and 1 approved stretch to do daily.  The not so good news is that I apparently have no muscular mobility in my back because my muscles are so tight they're blocking everything from being able to move. Apparently all my back movements are a result of my hips or my arms moving and not actually my back. But, we're gonna fix that.  I'm glad to have started because I know that it will help get rid of the pain I've had since the accident, but man it hurts!

So here's to a new year, physical therapy and the optimism that the pain will be gone in (or significantly less) in 3-4 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment