Monday, November 7, 2011

1 year!

A year ago today, at this time, I was sitting in the lobby of the Montage with my mom, bridesmaids, friend/make up artist/hairstylist, and one of Anthony's co-workers (also a hair stylist) awaiting my room to be ready (which was late) so that we could start getting ready for my WEDDING! Today I look back on this past year and see how faithful and loving God has been, is and always will be. We've had our ups and downs this year, but all for the better. We made some big decisions, moved to a new state, started a new church, are presently fostering a bunny (we can officially adopt her on November 21!), but most importantly grew in Christ together and trusted Him more than we have in the past. So I felt it only necessary to share something that has been a great tool in our marriage, though I wish I had gone through it more regularly than I have.

Shortly before we were married, it may even been right after we got engaged, my in-laws gave Tony & I a prayer card each. Mine reads: Lifting My Husband Through Prayer; his reads: Lifting My Wife Through Prayer. You can get these cards for $0.99 at FamilyLife.com and are perfect to tuck into your bible as a reminder to pray for your spouse during your quiet time!

I will share with you a little of what is on mine, I don't know where Tony's is, so I can't share that - but I would GREATLY encourage buying it from FamilyLife.com where you can have all of it on it - they have such great resources there! In fact, they would be nice to get for a part of a gift :)

[I won't give everything listed on my card; it's quite descriptive and provides a LOT of Scritpture references]

"Lord, I lift my husband to You today and pray, according to Your Word, that:
  • You give him strength to lead, time to know his family, and a passion to manage his home.
  • You bless his work and show him daily how to honor You in his attitude and spirit; confirm the work of his hands unto Your purpose.
  • He will be a wise steward of our finances and all we possess, remembering that all things are Yours and entrusted to us for Your purposes.
  • He will love You with all his heart, soul, mind, and strength and hate evil.
  • He will be quick to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger
  • You protect him physically, mentally and spiritually
  • You give him the desire to teach and model a godly lifestlye for his children.
  • You will instruct him and teach him in the way he should go; give him peace in the circumstances and integrity in decisions he must face today.
  • He would meditate day and night on Your Word, pray without ceasing and stay faithful to Christ to the end.
  • He would develop strong relationships with other godly men."
On the back of my card it has a section that says: Praying for myself as a wife and The Powe of Prayer. The first is an excerpt from The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian (c)1997, page 45 and the second reference says Ibid., 13-23 [I'm not entirely sure of what that means...]

Again, I would highly suggest checking it out:
Lifting My Husband Through Prayer
Lifting My Wife Through Prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment