Monday, November 14, 2011

Oh my Sanitation!

I recently received (ok bought) a "training" DVD from a well known Make Up Artist and/or Company. By recently, I mean yesterday. In my excitement to learn more about my art, I ripped open the packaging and popped the first DVD in! I have to say I was horrified at things this Artist and/or Company said was ok to do.

For all make up artists, aspiring make up artists, and people receiving the service: it's really not ok to put the product on your hand before using a brush to apply it to a client's face. If you have to pour out some of the product before using a brush, use a clean palette not your hand. Also, don't use your fingers on a client's face either - it's ok to do this on yourself, but not on a client. Use a brush or a sponge. It keeps away excess germs and dirt which can clog pores and cause acne, and it's just kinda gross - would you want someone you barely know putting their hands on your face?

I will say that this particular DVD had some excellent tips and techniques which I am grateful to have been exposed to, but the unsanitary things that were said to be ok was horrifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment