Thursday, November 10, 2011

Arizona: healing and growing

     Arizona has been really good for us. It has been a time where we have had to rely 100% on God and trust that He knows exactly what is best for us. We have struggled here, but that's ok. God is in control and He is doing a good thing.
     One thing it has made me face more than before is my pride and my "need" to limit myself before God. I have always struggled with pride and I am so thankful for the people God has placed in my life who have humbled me and shown me grace in the area. It has been a learning experience, but I still have WAY more to learn; I will continue to do so utnil the day I die. The lifestyle and pace here is so much nicer than what I'm used too. I feel like I can just be me and not have to worry about what I look like - what I dress like, how my hair is, how my make up is. And I think this allows for me to be more real with people. I have admitted to more than I have in the past, as I feel I have more freedom in Christ - which has EVERYTHING to do with my reaction to the world, and not necessarily the people in my life. We shouldn't hide things we struggle with because of what someone might say, that is more damaging than anything else. God wants us to be open and honest with our brothers and sisters, he wants us to share our burdens - afterall we're not in this alone.
     I am thankful for the fact that He has brought us here, I am thankful that it hasn't been stress free, I am thankful for the opportunities to break down walls, I am thankful for the opportunities to grow closer to Him, I am thankful for the ability to rejoice in Him, I am thankful for growth and I'm thankful that I have room to grow and always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment