Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Confidence

     It is absolutely AMAZING how God works in our lives and I cannot contain the joy He has given me this week. We have been busy lately with trying to restart our businesses out here (Anthony Colello Hairstyling & Make Up by Sara Colello) and have been working hard to get booked for photoshoots.
     Earlier in October we had the opportunity to work on a calendar shoot with Miss October and a couple weeks ago had the opportunity to collaborate with Pink House Boutique & Eloquent Photography for an advertisement that will run in JAVA magazine along wtih at least one other magazine, a window display and possibly a few websites. This past weekend we had the pleasure of working with 2 brides and 2 great photographers (31 Photography & Frank Wise, Digital Obsession) and have received some of the photos already - talk about efficiency!
     God has really been showing me a lot through all of this -in short, it's ok to be confident in yourself. I don't know where, but somewhere in my life I came to the conclusion that confidence was this evil, terrible thing. I've had bursts of confidence in my life, though I can't recall any time where I felt completely confident for an entire day, until last Friday. It's definitely freeing to get to the point of understanding that confidence does not mean cocky and that it's ok to say that you are good at something - not that I ever thought that someone else saying they were good at something was bad, I just had it in my mind that if I said I was good at something it was bad. Not sound thinking, but I have felt confident since last Friday and it's weirding me out. I want to talk with people, meet people, hand out my business cards, admit that I'm good at what I do and it is SO incredible freeing. God created me to glorify Him, and if I'm shying away from my talents that is NOT glorifying Him. He gives us talents so that we may work to the Lord and give honor to Him. I am saddened by the fact that I have lost out on so many great opportunities to do just that, but I am rejoicing in the fact that I have many more opportunities ahead of me in which I can. He has blessed us abundantly and we will use our talents to work for Him.
While we work on re-building our businesses out here, please like us on facebook, visit my website, and help us spread the word in AZ!

Anthony's Facebook
Sara's Facebook
Sara Colello - Make Up Artist

In Him,
Sara (& Tony)

No comments:

Post a Comment