Monday, June 25, 2012

The blessing my husband is

We don't have kids yet and we probably won't for awhile, but as I was driving to work today I realized how blessed I am by my husband and how great an example to our future children he will be. I started thinking thing the beginning or our relationship. He went out of his way for me when he didn't have to. He hs cared for me deeply and genuinely from the day we met. He never tried to "make a move" on me, he didn't kiss me until we had been together(unofficially) for about a month, he drove me, he provided for me before we had a serious commitment. But the thing that stuck out the most to me in those early days was that he didn't act like any other guy I've dated. He was gentle and sweet, caring and respectful.
There's one event that has always stuck out to me. We were hanging out at his house with 2 of his friends, it was getting late and I wasn't feeling the best. He told me to just go upstairs and crash in his room - he didn't want me driving so late when I lived 30 minutes away and he was in the middle of a game with his buddies who were staying the night So I listened. I remember being concerned that his parents would be upset, but I was really too tired to drive and Anthony had other guests. I went upstairs and fell asleep. Sometime in the middle of the night I woke up feeling like someone was in the room and it freaked me out. I started to look around, the door was cracked letting in a little light and there, on the floor in front of the door was Anthony - fast asleep. I think I realized then that he loves me. It blew my mind that he would sleep on the floor - every other guy I've dated would've climbed into bed. I remember thinking that he was sleeping on the floor in front of the door to protect me -not only my reputation and integrity, but also because I didn't know the guys staying over very well.
That's the kind of man I want our sons to grow up to be - respectful, caring, God honoring, protecting, and serving men - men who choose to do the right thing even if it would be just as easy or easier t do the wrong.  That is the wrong. That is the type of man I want our daughters to marry. I am so blessed that he is going to be ge example for our children if and when we have them.

Thank you Sweetheart for always loving, respecting, caring, protecting and providing for me, for us, for our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment