Monday, June 25, 2012

Recipe: Cakies - these will change your life!

I intended on posting about these in December...so I'm 7 months behind - better late than never! I give you
C A K I E S
I don't remember where I got this recipe, but it was back in California and I remember thinking "I'm going to need this recipe when we have kids." These little babies are the simplest thing to make and they are a highly requested cookie now that our friends have been made aware of them.


Ingredients:
  • 1 Box of Cake Mix (Favorites so far are lemon [pictured above] and white cake - least popular is strawberry)
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 Stick of Butter
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350* and lightly spray cookie sheet with Pam
  2. Combine all ingredients in the stand mixer. Dough will end up turning into a ball. 
  3. Using a 1/2 TBS [pictured above] or a full TBS, drop onto cookie sheet. They need some space between them, but they don't rise or spread out too much, so you can get a LOT of 1/2 TBS sized cakies on a cookie sheet. 
  4. Pop in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Keep an eye on them - you don't want to over bake them. 
They are seriously SO good - soft and chewy and you need to at least try them 1 time in your life. Perfect if you need to bring a last minute dessert or just have a busy schedule. They take about 15 minutes total to make.

Lots of lemony cakies,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment