Thursday, June 28, 2012

Under-the-Sink Organization

Under the kitchen sink always seems to get way cluttered and messy very quickly. So I decided that needed to change. I, once again, didn't take a before picture - but here's the neatly organized under-the-sink area:


What I did:
  • Pull out EVERYTHING from under the sink and wipe down.
  • Group like items with like. 
  • Figure out what works best for you organization wise and do it!
     I put items that we are likely to use frequently on the outside. The plastic bags, dish soap, and cleaners I use daily or weekly were placed closer to the dishwasher on the right.
In the middle, I took a purple plastic bin I received at one of my bridal showers and placed all the bathroom cleaning supplies in their - including a separate sponge because I feel like you shouldn't use the bathroom sponge for anything else.
     On the left of the cabinet I placed an organizational shelf. I put all dusters on the bottom & placed extra sponges, plastic bags, and cleaning wipes on top.
I don't like leaving my rubber gloves out and I didn't want to necessarily place them on top of something after I use them and their wet so I took a paperclip, unbent it and fed it through the hole on the back of my towel rack. I then twisted the bottom end of the paperclip around a binder clip & use that as a way to hold the gloves. Easy to access and I don't have to lay them down on anything.


-S


1 comment: