Saturday, July 7, 2012

Recipe: Hurry-Up Chicken Pot Pie

In an attempt to actually be productive with the things I see on Pinterest - I am making at least 1 "Pinterest" recipe a week and since I'm always looking for a yummy chicken pot pie recipe (mainly because the crust is usually way too salty for me), this is what I decided to make:


"Hurry-Up Chicken Pot Pie" from Food Network
Mmm - SO yummy, but I had to add my own little variation to it. 

Ingredients

  • 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast - seasoned with garlic powder (a significant amount) and Italian seasoning
  • 1/2 - 3/4 cup thinly sliced carrots (depending on how much you like veggies - I added more)
  • 1/2 - 3/4 cup frozen green peas (I added more)
  • 10.75 oz homemade cream of chicken soup (recipe to come)
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 1/2 cups instant biscuit mix (plus a little extra)
  • 1 cup milk (plus a little extra)
  • 1 stick melted butter

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a greased 2-quart casserole, layer the chicken, carrots, and peas.



Mix the soup, chicken broth, and season with salt and pepper.



Pour over the layers. 
Stir together the biscuit mix and milk - it will be thick, and pour this over the casserole.



Drizzle butter over the topping. Bake until the topping is golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes.

Enjoy the deliciousness! We didn't have anyone over for dinner when I made this. We ate a little less than half of it and had the rest for left overs the next day...at left overs generally last a bit longer than that when we have them! I highly suggest seasoning your chicken with garlic powder before you make it. Yummy!

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment