Sunday, July 8, 2012

Recipes: Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup

The other day when I made "Hurry-Up Chicken Pot Pie", I discovered that we didn't have any cream of chicken soup and since I was already in the middle of making dinner, I resorted to the internet for help.

I came across Buns in my Oven which had a very simple Cream of Chicken Soup recipe that is healthier than what you can buy in the store.

Here it is:

Ingredients
  • 1 tablespoon flour
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions

Melt the butter in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat. When melted, whisk in the flour and continue whisking until smooth and bubbly. Remove from the heat and slowly whisk in the chicken broth and milk. Return to the heat and bring to a gentle boil, whisking constantly, until the soup thickens. Add salt and pepper to taste. Substitute this for one can of cream of chicken soup.







Super simple and very yummy - and I think this is one of the reasons why I loved the Chicken Pot Pie the other day!

Enjoy,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment