Friday, July 6, 2012

Today is the day...

"This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it." - Psalm 118:24

This is the day the Lord has also made for us to find out about what house we will be buying. I am excited. I am nervous. And, as much as I hate yo admit it, I have anxiety. I should be calm. I should be calm and cool and collected. It's difficult when such a huge decision is coming up to be so calm; difficult not impossible. So how do I deal with stressful situations and what helps ease any anxiety I  feel?
•Prayer
•Dwelling on God's promise
•The comfort in knowing that God is in control and that He is sovereign
Already my heart is at ease - just by writing this, I can feel God's hand upon me and the anxiety I was feeling is lessening. It's mashed up with excitement and nerves, but I am comforted in knowing that God knows how it's going to pan out.

So here we are, three-ish weeks into house hunting and waiting to find out what we got accepted on. Our plan was to start looking for a house in August, but God's plan was different; better. At the moment, it looks like God's plan is that we'll have a house in August.

We will have to see what happens, but we will have a better idea this afternoon.  no matter what happens, we will rejoice because Hod is in control.

Here's to trusting in God in the midst of a gargantuan decision,
 -S

1 comment: