Friday, July 27, 2012

Seriously?

I had something better (and possibly wittier) written, but then the power went out and didn't save anything so now you get this. My apologies. Why are there SO many blackouts/power outages in Arizona? I think I've experienced more outages here than my entire 22ish years in SoCal.

Anyways, I have accomplished two things today.
1) Cleaned the bathroom more thoroughly than I think I have ever cleaned anything on account of move-out day is coming and I was so disgusted by the cleanliness (or lack there of) of this apartment when we moved in, that I figured I'd help out the next renter.
2) I have completely destroyed the bedroom as a result of cleaning/packing the bathroom. So that's fun.


Other stuff:
  • I was supposed to hear back from my manager on Monday - so I will be calling him in a little bit to see what the next step is as far as training goes and give him the dates of our vacation days. 
  • I really want garlicky scrambled eggs. I packed the frying pan. The pasta pot thing is not packed. This will happen. 
  •  Do you know how hard it is to NOT eat frozen cookie dough? The fact that I haven't yet is a miracle and an incredible act of God.
  • Pocket is STILL trying to get on top of the boxes. She refuses to believe this is an impossibility
  • There are 3 things that could hinder us from getting the keys on Wednesday. Wednesday is the ONLY day we can move. Prayers are appreciated.
  • I've started Christmas shopping. This is ridiculous. But I think I will avoid the holiday shopping madness that cause me to not feel well - I may have a small anxiety issue with crowds. 
AND THE MOST IMPORTANT NEWS OF ALL:

Our good friends, Trevor and Stacey, welcomed their handsome SON into the world on July 22! He was born at 11:53 AM, weighing 6 lbs 15 ounces and measuring 19 inches long! And let me tell you, he is the absolute cutest thing on the planet!

Anthony was able to meet him when he was on a business trip in CA earlier this week. I cannot wait until it's my turn to meet him! Congratulations again to you, Trev and Stacey! You guys did a good job :)



Older brother - if you read this, call me because I haven't been able to get a hold of you any other way and I would like to talk to you because I miss you and I love you and I miss you.




2 comments:

  1. Aww! Bummer :(

    In AZ the power goes out often in the summer because the really high heat mixed with monsoon season is hard on the power system. BUT it also depends on where you live. We haven't had a single outage.

    Praying for you! I know how stressful this time can be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks A! I'm so not used to the power outages yet. It doesn't seem normal, but I guess it is lol.

    Thank you for your prayers - At the moment, I'm not stressed - which is fantastic. I'm busy getting everything in the apartment cleaned and gearing up for next week. Working last Mon, Tues, Thurs. Sign papers Tues. Get keys Weds!!! And then it shall get crazy! :D

    I have to say, knowing that we have a common friend, I think you're the only person I've met over the internet that I've wanted to meet in person too.

    ReplyDelete